Costco Store Return Policy
At Costco returns and exchanges are welcomed. They have a great customer service staff that makes store returns easy and hassle-free. If you make a purchase and you are not completely satisfied just return to the store and they will make every effort to make you completely satisfied.
Membership club Costco is another retailer trying to make returns easy.
What is Costco’s return policy?
On Membership: We will cancel and refund your membership fee in full at any time if you are dissatisfied.
On Merchandise: We guarantee your satisfaction on every product we sell, and will refund your purchase price, with the following exceptions:
- Electronics: Costco will accept returns within 90 days (from the date the member received the merchandise) for Televisions, Tuner-Free Displays, Projectors, Major Appliances (refrigerators above 10 cu. ft., freezers, ranges, cooktops, over-the-range microwaves, dishwashers, washers and dryers), Computers, Touchscreen Tablets, Cameras, Aerial Cameras (drones), Camcorders, MP3 players and Cellular Phones (return details will vary by carrier service contract).
- Diamonds: 1.00ct or larger: Members returning a diamond over 1.00ct must also present all original paperwork (IGI and/or GIA certificates) at which time they will receive a Jewelry Credit Memo. Within 48 hours, our Costco Graduate Gemologist will inspect for authenticity.
- Cigarettes and alcohol: Costco does not accept returns on cigarettes or alcohol where prohibited by law.
- Products with a limited useful life expectancy, such as tires and batteries, may be sold with a product-specific limited warranty.
- Special Order Kiosk and Custom Installed Programs: Custom product(s) manufactured to our member’s personal and unique specifications cannot be returned or refunded, except for warranty repair/replacement due to failure to meet specifications.
Call Customer Service
Please call Costco Concierge Services at 1-866-861-0450 for technical support and warranty assistance.
Shoppers are members who pay fees to join, so “we will refund in full at any time if a member is dissatisfied,” says Franz Lazarus, an executive vice president with Costco. Members generally get the refund in the same form they paid, while nonmembers would likely get cash or store gift cards.
Costco’s return policy allows customers to return all items purchased at the warehouse (except certain electronics) at any time. This has been Costco’s policy for quite some time, and most customers have been pleased.
With consumer electronics, which tend to have a shelf life, there is a 90-day window to return, he says. “That’s the only exception.”
We have many customers relay when they tried to return an electronic item they were told about the 90-day window. Although the have returned the item anyway. Its always good to just ask if they will good a return for you. If you don’t ask then you will never know. Most managers will do anything to make the customer happy, although they are under no obligation to take back your return on a electronic.