If you are looking for the answer to the question; ” What is a Store’s Return Policy Without Receipt” for a particular store.
Store Return Policy Without Receipt
When you are shopping and make a purchase always retain your receipt. So what happens when you misplace your receipt and need to return your purchase to a store?
- First thing I would do is try to remember the date of your purchase and check your credit card statements.
- If that does not work call your credit card or debit card’s customer service and ask them to look it up and fax or email your statement to you.
- Bring the statement to the particular store and get your credit or make an exchange.
But what happens if you do not have your receipt and made your purchase with cash. In this instance I would:
- Check to see if you took advantage of the companies reward program, sometimes you will be able to account for your purchase.
If all else fails and you have made a purchase
- Without a credit card
- No rewards program
- Cash purchase.
Bring your items to the store along with the tags on the items and see if the store associate can look up and see if your item can be returned.
Hint: Some stores like Target will take up to a certain amount every year without a receipt.
Return without Receipt:
Most well-known Department stores will make every attempt to assist you in locating a receipt by offering receipt look-up for purchases made with a credit, debit card, or rewards number. For receipts located, returns will follow the Return with Receipt method.
- For returns in which the receipt cannot be located, a valid photo ID (U.S., Canada or Mexico Driver’s License, U.S. state-issued ID, Canadian Provincial ID, Passport or U.S. Military ID.) must be presented by customer and will be recorded at the time of the return.
- Information from a customer ID will be retained in a secure database solely for purposes of refund authorization and fraud prevention.
- Refunds will be given at the item’s lowest price sold within the previous 90 days.
- Refunds will be in the form of a Store Return Card and/or merchandise exchange.