L.L. Bean Return Policy
They make pieces that last, and if they don’t, they want to know about it. L.L. himself always said that he “didn’t consider a sale complete until goods are worn out and the customer still satisfied.” So if something’s not working or fitting or standing up to its task or lasting as long as you think it should, they will take it back. They want to make sure they keep their guarantee the way it’s always been for over a century.
To help protect customers and make sure every return or exchange is dealt with fairly, they may either require a receipt or decline a return or exchange in certain situations, including:
- Items that were not purchased directly from L.L.Bean (such as items purchased at thrift stores, online sellers or garage sales)
- Items with a missing label or an item that has been defaced
- On rare occasions, based on the nature of prior transactions
- Returns without a receipt and a valid ID in our stores
- Items that have been soiled or contaminated, until they have been cleaned
- Items lost or damaged due to fire, flood or natural disaster
- Returns on ammunition either in our stores or through the mail
Need an exchange right away?
Order online or call 800-441-5713 for the fastest delivery.
Returns without a receipt?
Please let them know as much information as you can about your purchase so that they can locate a record of your purchase. If they can’t, they will reimburse you with an L.L.Bean Gift Card for the current selling price of the item or replace your item. To help ensure fairness to all customers, they do require a receipt in certain situations.
Visit L.L.Bean Return Policy