If you paid via credit card, debit card, gift card or check, the store can track your purchase and refund the full amount without a receipt.
The store’s return window is 90 days for unopened, undamaged items with a receipt. A couple of exceptions: consumer electronics, which have a 30-day return window, and Target-brand items, which have a 365-day return window.
Most store and Target.com items can be exchanged in store within the return policy time frame.
You can also return purchases via our online return center and place a new order. To start your online return, visit the find your order page. Locate the item within your order history and select return next to the item. Follow the prompts to complete your return.
Need help? Call Target.com Guest Services at 1-800-591-3869.
We can attempt to look up the receipt for your purchase. Bring the item, a government-issued photo ID (such as a driver’s license) and the method of payment used to Guest Services within the return window allowed for that item (see Target Return Policy).
The store can look up receipts for purchases made with the following methods of payment:
- A Target REDcard™ (T- Debit Card™, Credit Card™, T- Mastercard®)
- Third-party Visa®, Mastercard®, American Express®, and Discover® credit cards
- Checks: You must bring a blank check from the same checking account
- Target GiftCards: You must have the physical GiftCard for look-up
Extra Time to Return
Target even offers shoppers a generous “gift” during holiday time. For holiday electronic purchases bought Nov. 1-Dec. 25, that 30-day clock doesn’t start until Dec. 26.
Did you know you can take a short survey and get a chance to win a shopping spree? All it takes is taking a 2 minute survey about your trip to a store.
Give them valuable feedback to improve the great services at Target.
To complete the Target Survey go to www.informtarget.com and enter the 4 digit store code and access code printed on your receipt.
- Inform Target – Answer the Customer Survey Sweepstakes
- A chance at winning a Grand Prize of $1000 in cash
- This does not run all of the time so you need to keep your eye out for when it runs and get your entry in as soon as possible.
Check out the return policy when you do not have a receipt from Target